Thank you for your interest in Breaking Down Patriarchy!
Our submissions period is currently open for Season 4!
BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ contributors are encouraged to submit!
We want to hear your voices!
Here’s how it works:
1. Write a proposal detailing the subject(s) you’d like to discuss as well as relevant credentials, and email it to us at [email protected]. Make sure that your proposal addresses one or more elements of patriarchy affecting the world today, including research to support your claims.
Other notes on content:
-Our listenership ranges across many demographics. Try to keep your subject matter accessible to a wide audience. Define terms that may not be common knowledge.
-Part of the ethos of this project is that patriarchy hurts men too, and that people of all genders need to work together to solve this systemic problem. Do feel free to express grief and anger at specific men and/or at the system of patriarchy, but please don’t go after men as a population.
2. Once we receive your proposal, we will get back to you to let you know whether we’re interested in pursuing an interview, or if it’s not a good fit for Season 4.
3. Once approved by our team, write an outline highlighting key points you’d like to discuss during an interview. There is no minimum or maximum length but keep these outlines tightly focused so that it will be compelling listening for the audience.
4. After receiving your outline, we’ll review it, provide feedback, and reach out to schedule a recording session.
5. Your piece will be aired sometime during Season 4, which begins in January 2024. We will notify you once we create the schedule.
Submissions are currently open!