Thank you for your interest in Breaking Down Patriarchy!
Our submissions period for Season 2 is now closed, but we hope to work with you in the future!
Please check back for announcements pertaining to Season 3 in 2022!
BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ contributors are encouraged to submit!
We want to hear your voices!
Here’s how it works:
1. Write an outline of your essay/talk and email it to us at email@example.com. Make sure that your outline is personal–you can of course include history and data (please do, especially if you are an expert on your topic!), but it should feel like a personal narrative.
Two guiding questions are:
Does structural patriarchy still exist in our world?
How does it affect human life (or your life in particular)?
Other notes on content:
-Our listenership ranges across many demographics. Try to keep your essay/talk accessible to a wide audience. Define terms that may not be common knowledge.
-Part of the ethos of this project is that patriarchy hurts men too, and that people of all genders need to work together to solve this systemic problem. Do feel free to express grief and anger at specific men and/or at the system of patriarchy, but please don’t go after men as a population.
2. Once we receive your outline, we will get back to you to let you know whether it has been accepted as is, or has been accepted contingent upon some editing, or if it’s not a good fit for Season 2.
3. Write your essay/talk. There is no minimum or maximum length but keep your story tightly focused so that it will be compelling listening for the audience.
4. Send us a copy of your essay/talk, we’ll review it and reach out to schedule a recording session.
5. Your piece will be aired sometime during Season 2, which begins in January. We will notify you once we create the schedule.
Submissions will now be accepted until November 7th.